Frequently Asked Questions about Rentals
Carolina Business Technologies (CBT) is a short term, business to business, office equipment rental company. We were founded in 1996 in Charlotte, North Carolina and work throughout the Charlotte, NC region. Click here for available machines.
How Long is the Rental Term?
You can rent by the day, week, month or year. The majority of our rentals are for one or several days (presentations, training sessions or conventions).
Who Rents Copiers?
Any size company may have a need for a piece of office equipment for a short or long term project, trade show or training session. We serve the business community and trade show/convention market. Our primary customers are corporations, small businesses, trade associations, political candidates and film production companies.
What Does CBT Rent?
CBT offers a full line of top brand name digital copiers (monochrome & color), laser printers (monochrome & color), fax machines, and commercial grade paper shredders. We also offer network wiring, setup and configuration. Click here for available machines..
What is CBT’s Focus?
While other local office equipment companies focus on the sale of new equipment, we focus on finding the best solution to your equipment needs. We give you more flexibility. With CBT’s rental programs, you are not locked into a long term lease. This enables us to offer these benefits:
- The best of office equipment and latest technologies.
- Response time. In many cases, same day delivery when needed.
- Service & support. If something is not right, we will make it right.
- Competitive pricing. And….no long term lease contracts that are impossible to change.
What Service Can I Expect?
- Delivery of the equipment when you need it…(including weekends)
- Installation, setup, training
- Assistance in loading of printer, scanner and fax drivers
- 24/7 technical support
What Is the Process for Renting a Copier?
- You contact CBT, either by phone or answer some questions on our “Quote Request” page.
- We respond back to you to get a better feel for you specific wants and needs.
- We prepare a quotation with the options and terms that you request.
- When we reach an agreement, we schedule an installation date.
- We deliver the equipment and install the drivers needed or assist your IT Team.
- If the rental is long-term, we follow-up once a month to make sure the copier is working perfectly, get a page count (meter reading) and check to make sure you have plenty of toner.
- If after several months, you decide you need a faster (or slower) copier, we reassess your needs and swap out the copier to a different model.
- There is no risk. If at any time you are unsatisfied with our performance or copier you can cancel your service without penalty. Our month-to-month agreement means you can also upgrade or change your program as your needs change. There is no 3 to 5 year contract you can’t get out of or early termination fees.
- Everything is included: the copier, all service, supplies, and parts.
- Copiers can be configured with Automatic Feeder, Duplex, Sorter, and Staple Sorter. We have all sizes of copiers in stock, ready for fast delivery.
- A flexible rental program allows you to change your monthly copy volume, as your business needs change. There is not a penalty, and you can change as often as you need. You won’t get stuck in the wrong contract when your “guestimate” is too high or too low.
- One payment a month. Simplify your accounting and eliminate surprises. Our program includes all service, parts, supplies, and there are no finance charges.
- It’s our problem. All service is included, so we fix any problem. If it needs an expensive part we pay for it. If it can’t be fixed we will replace your machine. (Try asking a leasing company if you want your copier replaced!).
- 100% Tax deductible (operating expenses vs. capital expenditure). There is no need to depreciate the copier. Simply write off all costs as a business expense.
- Need to Copy Basis: Need a copier for a special event or on a short-term basis? We will rent a copier for one year, one month or even one day.
- We rent other office equipment. Besides a complete range of Copystar / Kyocera Mita digital copiers, we rent Oki fax machines, Kyocera and H.P. laser printers and paper shredders. We offer both color & monochrome.
- References: We rent to major construction companies, film production companies, accounting firms and even to political campaigns.